Last Sunday was so bitter sweet as we watched our baby boy be showered with love at his first birthday party. When thinking of a theme, I wanted something colourful and fun (which is so unlike me – Im usually a white and grey kinda gal) so we decided a carnival party was the way to go.
For food we went with a yummy grazing table, dressed up with fun animals in costumes
I wanted to create a special space for the kids to sit and play together. I covered our kids table in paper and left out pencils so they could do some drawings if they wanted to. On the table I also made little personalised cookies.
When it comes to kids parties one thing I am really not a big fan of is coming home with crap loads of lollies and random plastic junk that they will use once then we will throw away. So for Leos party I decided to make a ‘lucky dip’ box (keeping in the carnival theme) and as all the kids went home they reached in and pulled out their party favour which was home made play doh in a recycled jar and a little cookie cutter to use with the play doh.
- Balloon Garland – Made by me (comment below if you would like to see a tutorial on how I made this)
- Leos outfit – Best and Less
- Grazing table – Constructed by me
- Raised platter/serving board – Kmart
- Turn table – Ikea
- Cake stand (with no cake on it because I forgot to put it out haha) – Kmart
- Cake – Made by me
- Animals on grazing table/kids table – Kmart and dressed up by me (let me know if you would like a DIY)
- Paper plates, confetti and party hats – Target
- Paper cups and straws – Woolworths
- Lucky dip box – Made by me
- Playdoh – Made by me
- Cookies – Made by me
- Games – Made by me (link to my DIY lucky duck here)